Visual Display of RIGID BODY in Results

Good day,

I would like to recommend a feature for a future PrePoMax release…

Would it be possible to visually represent a RIGID BODY Constraint with a ‘spider’ (or similar) in the Results plots ?
Perhaps it could be turned ON/OFF in the Settings menu.

I suppose a different representation could also be used for the “Spring” option.

I include below a screenshot from a commercial software:

Thank you.

2 Likes

That would be nice. The problem at the moment is that positions of additional points - reference points RPs, are not written to the results .frd file. The initial position of the RPs could be read from the model but showing the displacements would not work correctly.

1 Like

Dear Sir Good day, regarding the Rigid Body, Is it possible to assigned Rigid Body limited to 180degrees or 90 degrees without separation of the Model? For example in simple circular disk model I need to divide into quadrant then I can assigned RBE for 180degrees as shown.

However if my model is 1 single 3D Solid model the only option is to have Rigid Body assigned in 360 degrees.

Any advice if there is any code that I can put in the Key Editor for this.
Thank you Sir and appreciate for your kind sharing.

You could split that inner cylindrical face instead of the whole part. But splitting the whole part shouldn’t cause any problems if you create a compound part from thise segments.

1 Like

Dear Sir Thank you very much for your helpful advice. Just confirmation sir if my understanding is correct.
3D SOLID>Compound
MESH>Merge
Tahk you sir for your helpful advice.

You don’t have to merge the meshes manually if that’s what you mean. Compound part creation will take care of this.

1 Like