Cannot load an frd file

I just installed PrePoMax. I can launch a session. I cannot open an frd file. I am getting the following message in a pop-up window:

Message Index was outside the bounds of the array.
Exception in object: d_107 calling method: MoveNext
Stack trace:

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

Can you share this frd file ? Did you try opening it in GraphiX ?

Yes, I can share the frd. I could not load it in GraphiX. The size of the zipped frd is ~7Mb. How can I make it available to you?

You can upload it on some hosting website like OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox and share the link here.

I opened this file using GraphiX but, apart from PrePoMax, both FreeCAD and ccx2paraview converter failed to process it. Are there any unusual element types or other non-standard features in this analysis ? Can you also share the input file or describe this simulation ?

The model contains a crack. The element faces located on the two opposite crack faces have the same location (they overlap). The model is valid and CalculiX can process the input. I can provide the inp file that will create the frd.

Please do, it may help solve the problem.

Please get the inp files from case7_cracked.zip - Google Drive

use case7_cracked.inp to duplicate the issue that I am seeing on my side. If I try to import case7_cracked.inp, PrePoMax complains about *SURFACE definition. There is a chance I did not use correctly *SURFACE however I do not see the mistake that I made in *SURFACE definition and CalculiX did not complain about it.

This msh file has a strange structure. There are no keywords in it and just some weird lines with numbers. Was it generated in GraphiX ? Does it work there ?

It can be related to this known issue: Import issues with *SURFACE

Sorry about that. I included an incorrect file.
I created another zip file but the system does not let me post the link.

Here is the new zip file:

Again, sorry about that. The msh.inp is a text file. You will see that the content is a CalculiX input.

I opened this mesh in FreeCAD but I can confirm that it can’t be imported to PrePoMax. As explained in that thread linked above, the .inp file importer still has some limitations, especially when it comes to input decks created in other preprocessors. The problem with the .frd file opening is likely also related to the way this crack was modeled.

Thank you. Let me figure out how to make use of *ELSET prior to *SURFACE definition

I tried to download the .frd and .inp files to test what is going on, but the files are already removed. Can you share them again?

Here are the files:

I was able to download them now. Thank you. I will check what is going on and report later.

I modified my input data to define element sets (*ELSET). I am collecting elements with the same side where I need to apply an uniform pressure under different element sets.

For example, *ELSET, elset=appliedLoad_S4 will contain all elements where side 4 needs to be used to apply a distributed load.

I am making use of these element sets to assign uniform pressure using *DLOAD. When I load the inp file in PrePoMax, the program complains about my *DLOAD assignment:

*DLOAD
appliedLoad_S1, P1, 10
appliedLoad_S2, P2, 10
appliedLoad_S3, P3, 10
appliedLoad_S4, P4, 10

I cannot figure the failure reason. If I assign the same loading in the GUI, the Keywords in the log file are identical with the ones used in my input file.

I can provide an example if needed.

Thanks,
Adrian

PrePoMax only supports ACSII .frd files. Your file is binary. To get an ASCII .frd file you have to use the keywords *Node file and *El file instead of *Node output and *Element output.

Matej, yes - the ASCII format was fixed. You are referring to an old thread.
My current issue is *DLOAD assignment as described in the last thread. maybe I should open a different thread to avoid confusion.