Bug importing INP file generated by pygccx library

Hello,
I used pygccx library that generates INP file from .geo inpu and .stp model files.
When importing INP in prepomax v2.2.0, I have two issues:

  • the ‘Load_surf’ surface is not correctly read.
  • when editing a concentrated load force, it says that one component at least must not be equal to zero, but it’s the case here (see image).

INP file extracts :
…
*CLOAD
141981,1,3.0616170e-14
141981,2,5.0000000e+02
…
*SURFACE,NAME=LOAD_SURF,TYPE=ELEMENT
76045,S1
44530,S1
59809,S1
65714,S1
84939,S1
…

The .inp file importer is quite outdated compared to the exporter and mostly supports files generated in PrePoMax’s way. Especially surfaces are causing issues when importing: Import issues with *SURFACE - #2 by FEAnalyst

In the image, the magnitude of the force is 0. That is probably causing problems.

I had this before with Aba decks, simply retype the F1 load value, and mag gets recalculated, and not zero.

I have fixed this behaviour. The fix will be released in the next version.

1 Like

Does it work now as expected?

Yes it does work now. Thanks Matej

Thank you, I am closing the topic.