Reduced viewport when PrePoMax is maximized too quickly

Hi,

it’s not a serious bug, just a minor inconvenience but maybe it can be changed somehow. PrePoMax always opens in a minimized window and I have to maximize it manually (setting Run: Maximized in Windows properties of the shortcut doesn’t work). I’ve noticed that when I do it too quickly (when the splash screen is still displayed), I get this after creating a new model:

As you can see, the viewport is reduced. I have to restart PrePoMax to have a normal-sized viewport.

If it’s because of that wrapper/graphics library then never mind. It’s a really minor issue that happens only under very specific circumstances (when maximizing with the splash screen still displayed). But maybe there’s another reason and it can be easily fixed. Perhaps there’s even some different Windows setting that would actually make PrePoMax open as maximized.

1 Like

Form me, the transition from splash screen to PrePoMax is so fast I cannot click the maximize button. Can you record how this event looks for you since I cannot reproduce it?

I will add a setting to the PrePoMax to save the last window size before shutdown and use it when opening it again.

I think I solved the problem of restoring the form size. It was already a built-in function, but it stopped working in some of the previous versions :slight_smile:

Well, I have to do it really quickly but it happened to me several times when I wasn’t trying to trigger this on purpose.

Here’s a recording:

Reduced viewport 2

That’s great. It wasn’t a big issue but always saves a click when you don’t have to maximize PrePoMax manually each time.

Thank you. I was trying it by only maximizing the PrePoMax window but I did not create a new model. I managed to reproduce the problem now and I solved it. I am really impressed with how you found it since the time interval is really short :slight_smile:

I have fixed this bug, and I am closing the topic.

1 Like