Mesh imported as .inp disapears after mesh update

I noticed the following and think it could be a bug:

As usual create a mesh based on geometry - mesh (A).
Next I imported a .inp mesh file (B) and for comparison another .unv mesh (C).
Mesh (D) is a copy of mesh (B) - “Transform > Copy and translate”.
Unfortunately, when I now recreate/update mesh (A), mesh (B) disappears. It doesn’t effect the other meshes so I think it might be a bug.

The background is that I created some template meshes and stored them as .inp files which I would like to add to future geometry based models.

Edit
The problem with mesh (B) only occurs when the part referring mesh (A) is a compound and the option “Merge compound parts” is set to “YES”.
To check this see attached file: If you remesh the part, the washer will disapear. But in this case, if you switch to “Merge compound parts” - “NO”, it will also disapear. This is just because i selected “YES” first, so the result depends on the first selected setting.
Test.pmx (279.0 KB)

I have confirmed the problem and will look into it.

1 Like

I have fixed this problem. There was an issue with naming the parts imported from the .inp files. The parts in the geometry and model modules are regarded as identical if their names are the same. So when a new .inp model mesh is imported, its parts should not have the same names as the existing parts in the geometry module.

2 Likes