Heat Transfer Simulation

Hi,

I am trying to get a heat transfer simulation working, but I am doing something wrong. Every time that I run a simualtion with multiple parts I don’t have heat flow between the contact area. Reading the output of calculix, I get a warning saying that no conductivity is assigned to the surface interaction material. This is the file, I am pretty sure that I am doing something wrong, but I have no idea where.

You just have to add gap conductance to surface interaction or use tie constraint instead of contact.

Thanks, it seems to work now. I just do not understand this final message in the solver the increment size exceeds the remainder of the step and is decreased do you have any idea what does it mean?

It’s just a warning from the CalculiX solver. The analysis is completed successfully in 1 increment and 2 iterations. However, the applied surface flux seems very low (is it supposed to be like that ?) and the mesh is really coarse (I would definitely advise refining it).

Yes, the heat flux is pretty low (~6W that I am converting to flux). I definitely can refine the mesh