Exception after multiple analisys run

Hi,

Probably not the ideal way to work as I’m a new user.
I’m doing multiple runs again and again with different configurations, loads, options.

Prepomax has crash after multiple runs twice. In both cases I was unable to save or run the analysis again even if I close the program and open the file again.

Problem solves after going to the working directory and erase manually all the related files except the pmx.

erase (.12d, .cvg, .dat, .inp, .txt, .nam, .sta, .frd)

Windows 10 user.
Prepomax 1.3.5
Ccx 2.19

I will look into it, but it will be hard to reproduce the problem. Maybe the previous analysis did not finish before starting a new analysis. Would that be possible?

Most probably yes.
Seems like it could be related with those secondary files (.12d, .cvg, .dat, .inp, .txt, .nam, .sta, .frd) that for some reason do not close properly and cannot be reopen when requested.

Hi, Matej,

It has happened again. This time with the .dat file.

I can’t save the prepomax file.

I have try to erase all the auxiliary files and I can’t erase the .dat file because the explorer reports that the file is still open by ccx_MKL.exe

Task Manager confirms that fact and reports that Prepomax is still running ccx_MKL.exe with height CPU usage.

Prepomax doesn’t show any sign of activity and it is responsive. When I ask to kill the analysis in Prepomax, it reports that the analysis is not running. ?¿?

Hope it helps .

screenshot.14

I am currently not using the MKL version of the CalculiX solver. So it is hard for me to recreate the problem. Sometimes it happens that PrePoMax loses the connection to the process Id that was used to start the analysis. In this case, the analysis cannot be stopped since for PrePoMax it does not exist anymore.

This can happen when the user closes the Monitor window and changes the FE Model while running the analysis. But it only happens occasionally.