An Item with the same key has already been added

I’ve had this error happen a couple of days:

It comes up if you interrupt a monitor/results window while its still processing, I think??? I have a few PMX files in the same folder and they all had the analysis-1 name for the analysis. I choose to overwrite the file each time I run a new analysis.

Anyway, the error seems persistent after I restart prepomax it will still come up. Also after you get this error, any new analysis you run will get the same error regardless of where you save it. Same error if you start with a fresh new file. The only way to eliminate it so far is to restart the computer.

I missed the important part, you can’t see your results at all. You need to restart the computer, then run the thing again for good measure because going to the results window.

OK, I take that back. yesterday it worked after I restarted and created a new file. Today that did not work. Now I can’t run any analysis at all.

looks like if I close the pmx file and then I open the results separately, I can get around the problem. the other thing I can think of that was named the same was the materials library. maybe that’s where the problem originated. I used materials from two materials libraries called the same file name in different locations.

Hello @imgprojts , I hope I can help you with this.

Yesterday it happened to me, I was going to open a results file after processing it and maybe some anxiety to see the results made me click too soon on the results log and the same message error appeared. In Abaqus, if I remember well, if you click on the results from monitor in the same instante they are made, it would take longer to open *.odb file (some analogous problem to PrePoMax). I am not sure why it happens, but I guess it is because the results are done, but the visualization takes a little bit longer to be set and if force the program to open it before the post-processing is finished, it raises an error message (like PPM) or causes some freezing (like Abaqus).

However, for me, I just closed the error window and waited a little bit. The next moment I tried to access the results, it worked just fine.

I wonder if it’s because I’m remotely connected to the machine. I’ll keep an eye out for this error and try to pinpoint when it happens.

this seems to have been resolved on 1.3.2

I did not change anything that could affect this behaviour. But it is nice it doesn’t happen anymore.