Availability of pause at the middle of transient analysis

I want to check my results in the middle of the analysis ongoing.
To check if something is wrong or not to be sure.
For example: I am trying the dynamic analysis for 10s with the time step 0.01s I have to wait until software finishes the case. But I want to check it at for instance 0.5s 1s or something different.
Are you planning to add this kind of option in the software?
Thanks and regards.

You can kill an analysis at any point and then open the .frd file to see the results (just selecting Analysis-1 → Results won’t work, you have to use File → Open and select the .frd file).

Pausing won’t be possible because the solver (CalculiX) doesn’t have such an option (unlike OpenFOAM, for instance). You can only write the restart data, kill an analysis and then restart it from the last available restart point (can be any increment if you choose to write the restart data every increment). PrePoMax doesn’t support the restart functionality yet but it can be easily done using standalone CalculiX. You would just have to add 2 keywords to input files.

1 Like

HI,

I have just try and one can open the frd with a second prepomax at any time during the execution. Not sure if this could affect the later writing on the file but size shows it keeps growing.
I would not press the save button just in case.