Section print in history outputs

In addition to the support for *Node print, *El print and *Contact print in history outputs it would be nice to have *Section print available as well. It can be used to calculate section forces and moments but also heat flux. It’s mostly used for internal surfaces so the model would probably have to be partitioned before importing to PrePoMax (since it’s not possible to hide selected elements) but it shouldn’t be a problem:

By the way, this was also mentioned by one of the viewers of my YouTube channel. He asked if it was possible to compute the internal forces for a wooden beam.

1 Like

That is something I read about but was not sure how it works. So in order to use it an internal surface is needed. So maybe first a feature to split a model geometry using a plane is needed and then the Section print could be added?

Such internal surface can result from partition made in CAD software before export, like in my example, but a feature to create it using a cutting plane would be very useful in this case.

may i agree, this pre-processing of models in geometry based (like surface splitting available) seems it more feasible than section cut in post-processing of results. Paraview also has special function called as Integration filter. look this task is a complex process, but i did not known exactly the implementation.

I will try to find a good way to incorporate this feature.

2 Likes