Results Contour Plots of Specific Geometry

Good day,

If not too much trouble, I would like to propose a feature where we are able to choose a specific face (or part in an assembly) with aim to contour plot (stresses or strains or displacements, etc.) of only that face (or part). The Legend/results key should also only reflect the range of results for that face (or part).

This way one can quickly draw attention to a specific area because it hides all the unimportant ‘noise’ in all other areas.

Regards

This would basically require an option to hide individual elements/sets which could be really handy in general. As a workaround, you can create an element set in the FE Model tab, right-click it and choose Convert to Part. Then fix any broken assignments (especially sections), run the analysis and use Show only on that part in the Results tab.

2 Likes

Wow, this workaround is a little more effort but it works as desired; thank you.
It’s a pity that one needs to re-run the analysis to get the results, but at least it’s doable.

Edited*
There may be a bug - I note that the results/values and contour plots don’t toggle as you scroll through the Field Outputs

Exactly what do you mean ? That you can’t switch output variables for contour plots for some reason ? Can you record some short video/gif showing this ?

The model I used is work related; so can’t post it.

Let me try and explain more clearly…When I display the full model, I can switch between the Output Fields but the Legend plots the wrong values. The DISP and STRESS are all interchanged and keep toggling between each others values and sometimes back to their correct values. Similar thing happens to the contour plots in the display.

At the moment, you can show/hide contours for parts. Right-click the part, and the drop-down menu will give you two options to show turn colour contours On/Off.

1 Like

Ahh, this is a much simpler and quicker option for individual parts. Thank you.

HI Matej,

I would appreciate some sliding bar to adjust the Contour range.
One needs to go to Tools ->Settings → legend → manual → input values max and min and go back and forth until one finds the desired range.
Thanks

You can get there quicker by double-clicking on the legend. And then there’s no need to quit - you can change the values, click Apply, see how it worked and repeat.

Oh!!. Thanks. I just tried with the right button to check for options.
The sliding bar would be still great.