Hi,
I’ve tried to analyse Deck Strength of a Barge when used to transport a mobile crane. to increase the deck strength i’ve added a doubler just below crawler position. unfortunatelly, there’s no result shown after run the analysis. Please advice
Hi,
I’ve tried to analyse Deck Strength of a Barge when used to transport a mobile crane. to increase the deck strength i’ve added a doubler just below crawler position. unfortunatelly, there’s no result shown after run the analysis. Please advice
Please share your .pmx file.
I got some results:
But the model is unnecessarily heavy - your parts are very thin, so you should model them as surfaces and mesh with shell elements.
Your results are probably missing because the model is too big. If you do not have enough RAM, the analysis probably terminated.
Right, in such cases, there might be an error such as “*ERROR in u_calloc: error allocating memory”, but CalculiX is often quite enigmatic when it comes to its error messages (sometimes, there’s just “Job failed - no results exist”).
That’s one of the reasons why shells are recommended in such cases - you avoid huge solid meshes that still may provide inaccurate results.
Ok, let me try to use shell element. I will revert once there’s result
Pada Sen, 23 Feb 2026 pukul 00.27 FEAnalyst <notifications@prepomax.discoursemail.com> menulis:
Dear All,
After change the thin part to shell element now i can see the result of analysis. Thanks
Pada Sen, 23 Feb 2026 pukul 08.17 guslan karim <guslankarim@gmail.com> menulis: