Plate_Analysis_Result

Hi,
I have done the analysis of a plate which is fixed at all the 4 sides. I have done the analysis in both FreeCAD and PrePoMax but I got different result. I have attached the analysis file with this. Could anyone help me to fix the issue
Thank you
We Transfer Link : WeTransfer - Send Large Files & Share Photos Online - Up to 2GB Free

This plate is very thin. Use shell elements to obtain meaningful results. Also, it seems that most of these circular surface partitions are unnecessary - load is applied to only one of them.

You could estimate the stress and deflection assuming that it’s a rectangular plate loaded on a small area (which is true) in the middle (which is almost true):

plate

plate 2

1 Like

I made the circular surface to apply load as a point load at almost the center.

hi, can you give some sketch of problem and screenshot.

what shell element type being used, it’s a linear or quadratic?

i try reproduce similar problems, for linear element it will lead to singularity but it’s not for quadratic element type.

I tried the analysis on solid element. The plate is 5.5 m x 3 m in size. The load is applied at the middle of the plate

both has the same solver, if someone get different results. so the input models actually not exactly the same, maybe at the GUI translation in load definition.

as i know, FreeCAD translate surface load to nodal loads during process.