Resolving display scaling problems in PrePoMax v2.5.0 on Windows 11

Hi All,

I was recently trying to migrate to PrePoMax v2.5.0 and ran into a technical issue when launching the program with “High DPI scaling behavior” overridden to Application. I’m wondering if there is a way to troubleshoot this.

To start, my system is Windows 11 and has Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8 installed.

I need to set the display scale to 125% on my system for better readability of fonts. However, this makes the PrePoMax graphics appear blurry when I run it as-is.

image

Up until v2.4.0, I used to go to the executable properties and change the high DPI settings as follows, which would fix the issue (DPI setting controlled by Application):

When I apply the same setting in v2.5.0, I can no longer launch the program — the initial splash screen appears briefly and then disappears. I can still launch the program if the setting is set to “High DPI scaling performed by the system,” but in that case the blurriness persists.\

I also can launch the application with Display scale at 100% even when the high DPI scaling is controlled by the application.

It appears the problem occurs when the system display scale is greater than 100% and when the high DPI scaling is performed by Application.

I am wondering if anyone else ran into such issue and could troubleshoot it.

Thanks,

Shah

It seems to be a bug (it shouldn’t behave this way), so let’s use the appropriate Bug Reports category. I have the same behavior on one laptop with Windows 11. Perhaps it’s also related to this: Program doesn’t start on Windows since v 2.5 since it started in 2.5.0 as well.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for moving this post to the right category. Glad that I am not the only one dealing with this issue.

I will look into it. But I did not change anything that could have such an effect.

2 Likes

Hi Matej,

This display scaling bug relevant to v2.5.0 appears to be fixed in v2.6.0 RC3. Unless others are still running into it, we can probably close out this bug.

Thanks

2 Likes