Problem loading results with MFront material

hi, i have MFront material in model by keyword editor, it runs successfully and finished inside PrePoMax. However, result can not be loading and displays, below error message screenshot. Hopefully there’s work around to fix the problem, thank you.

2024-03-04 18_09_37-

The problem is the @ character. Is it possible to replace this character in MFront with something else?

it seems the character can not be removed or changes, but i’m not sure. The author of MFront with CalculiX integration may know in detail. Probably, CalculiX internal post-processor has been adapted to this condition since it allow passing the character.

I will take a look. I can easily add @ as a supported character for all names, but I would like to limit it to materials for now.

1 Like

it would be great, MFront material library is supported in PrePoMax even partially by keyword editor but the post-processor is readable in results.

SDV internal variables should be available if not MFRONT material response cannot be postprocessed.

when i opened directly of FRD files, even without SDV output request still have a problem due to unaccepted character in PrePoMax.

it seems not a problem by CalculiX internal post-processor.

Can you share the .frd file causing problems?

sure, example output without SDV request (link)

I mean in Prepomax to benefit from MFRONT material behaviours it should be able to read SDV internal variables. I can’t find them in the GUI.

imagen

Check this thread: Issue while visualizing a model with state variables

not yet available in menus, but possible to add and request by keyword editor.

2024-03-04 23_54_22-

indeed, i heard SDV has been supported past year, thanks. I guessed only problem in character of default material names in MFront.

Hi,

I can open the frd changing the material name . :+1:

EDITED: I mean if I edit the frd and remove the @ by anything else.

Would be very interesting if one could request them from the GUI. History evolution could be inspected like demage for example.

I added @ as an allowed character for Material names and Element set names. I do not use MFront, so I cannot check if that is enough, but I can create a model with a material name that contains @, run it, and postprocess it.

The SDV output was added to the element history output and element field output.

Am I missing anything else?

thank you for supporting other CalculiX & MFront material in PrePoMax, also SDV output readability and request in menu selections.

right, TFEL/MFront is specific for each material type. It’s large and complex for both input parameter and output interpretation. But let the user experimenting and validates independently, basic supporting in PrePoMax seems to be enough for now. Future implementation maybe by menu availability and unit supported for variable states.

btw, i have another question related to units and completeness of material by importing. Below several screenshots of problem, units is different and other parameter is not included. Is this currently some limitation? thank you.

2024-03-05 21_38_55-PrePoMax v2.0.4   C__Users_user_Documents_conccube.pmx

2024-03-05 21_20_44-Source

2024-03-05 21_22_03-

sample material data

*MATERIAL,NAME=ConcreteFc25
*ELASTIC
*MOHR COULOMB
*MOHR COULOMB HARDENING

This is a bug. I was able to reproduce it in version 2.0.0, but in version 2.0.6 that I am using I cannot reproduce it anymore. I made some changes in how the unit system works, so that might have solved it. I will release version 2.0.6 shortly so please test this and report the result.

confirmed, all problem discussed has been fixed in latest development versions (2.0.6). Now, it’s become more powerful after CalculiX Umat & MFront material library is supported by importing in PrePoMax. Also SDV request and output results, many thanks.

below sample screenshot reported,

2024-03-08 01_48_35-concMSAS.inp - SciTE

2024-03-08 01_52_05-Edit Field Output_ EF-Output-1

1 Like

Thank you very much!!! I will try one of my pending tests with Prepomax.