Issue while visualizing a model with state variables

Hi,

I am using a UMAT for my simulation. When I try to visualize the results .frd file, I get the following message : Input string was not in a correct format. (attached image file)
This doesn’t appear when only 2 or 3 SDVs are requested as output. Is there a possible limit on the number of SDVs that could be visualized?
I am using PrePoMax v1.3.4 and the simulation were tried with Calculix v2.18 and v2.20. As I am a new user, I cannot upload the file directly here. But, you can access it using the following link -

Any support is appreciated. Thanks!

I have taken a look at your results and at the moment such data cannot be read. I will fix the .frd reader to enable multiple SDV support.

@Matej That would be really great! Thanks a ton.

I think I solved the problem, but the results I get are not something I can confirm as correct. Do you have any results where the state variables have a more uniform or smooth distribution?

@Matej That was quick. Could you try the attached one?
SDV1,2,3 or 7 should be interesting. Fraunhofer ownCloud

I have attached images of SDV1-3 and 7. Are the results meaningful to you? I think the code works as it should. In a couple of days, I will release a new version so you can test it.

Okay perfect thanks. I will give it a try when the new release is out.
Was indeed a bad example to test. If you still want to test at your end, I have stored the stress as SDVs now. Should be easier to test and compare to the true value. SDV1-SDV6 are the stresses stress(1)-stress(6) . Fraunhofer ownCloud

Thanks again for quick implementation.

I just thought of asking you to do what you did. Great. I tested it and found out that it was not working correctly. I fixed it, and now I think it works as it should.

There is a difference between S11 and SDV1, but the field is smooth and the values I checked manually are the same as in the .frd file.

And the fields of S33 and SDV3 are identical.

1 Like

Great!
Okay. Probably the difference arises due to some coordinate transformation done by Calculix. The UMAT is written in Abaqus Format…