Multiple loads issue

Good morning,

I’m having some issues with this simple model:

I would like to apply a uniform pressure and a torque to the same surface, in red in picture. So, I defined a reference point, and linked to that surface.
Then, on the same static step, I defined the uniform pressure and the torque on ‘‘Load’’. But, when I run the software, the uniform pressure isn’t displayed on the results, like if it wasn’t applied.

Thank you.

To simulate torque you have to apply a rigid body constraint to the selected surface. This makes it rigid and thus the pressure load won’t be able to act properly. What does this model represent and why is that surface supposed to be loaded with torque and pressure at the same time ?

Press fit with load transfer?

distributing coupling should work. CalculiX-Examples/Test/Distributing at master · calculix/CalculiX-Examples · GitHub

1 Like

I’m doing different test to simulate a sort of sovrapposition effect, so I am trying different loads.

Do you mean superposition ? How is this shaft fixed ? Maybe you could apply the load in two subsequent steps and transfer the torque differently so that the middle surface is not made rigid.

Yes, I meant superposition effect, I’m sorry. The shaft is fixed on both ends. How can I use the subsequent steps properly? How two steps affect the results?

With a properly set sequence of linear steps, you can perform load case analysis: Load Case Creation

Then you could combine the results from individual steps during postprocessing (for example in ParaView).

Nonlinear steps use the state from their predecessors so the loads accumulate and you can simulate a history of loading.

1 Like