Open result error

Hello! After I use prepomax to simulate the calculation, the display operation is normal, but the result file cannot be opened, and the program is always displayed as open. Please check the reason. The attachment is the shared address of the analog file compression package.
Link: https://pan.baidu.com/s/1d8kc8MicdyBxI7QnTDwouA
Extraction code: hpu8
–Sharing from Baidu online disk super member V4

Could you share this file on a different hosting website (like WeTransfer, Dropbox, OneDrive or Google Drive) ? The one that you used requires installation of some downloading client to get the hosted files.

You may have to wait for a while because the results file is quite big but it should open eventually:

It took more than 1 hour to open this file. For large file simulation, it is recommended to use segmented reading to facilitate quick opening of files.

hi,

in case large file output results. you can try convert the FRD to VTK files, then open with Paraview. using the latest version may opening and running smoothly.

The problem is the large .cel file which stores additional debugging information about the contacts. You turned it on using one of the History or Field output settings called Contact elements = True. There is no way around the extended opening time if you need this file. If you do not need this information, you can delete this .cel file or rename it to a .txt file and open the .frd file. This should open in seconds.

Changing the size of the .cel file or splitting it into smaller chunks is not possible, since this file is prepared by Calculix. I have and will try to improve the performance of reading large files in the future. Since this is not a bug, I have closed this topic.

1 Like