IronPython as scripting API in the future

hi,

this week i devoted to test the capabilities to call and loading large NET library, it seems has potential for API scripting languages to be use in the future of PrePoMax, it share the similarity also. IronPyton has been used by many reputable CAD/CAE software e.g Ansys,SAP/ETABS, Rhino and Revit. Below list of example library (dll) known to be working:

• Gmsh for creating a model (Stp/Igs) and meshing (Unv/Inp) for parametric analysis study
  • ZedGraph for generate plot i.e. stress along path and linearization or averaging, displaying internal force diagram (shear, bending, axial) of beam element, etc.
  • Math .NET Numerics for matrix operation, i.e, nodal loads value and direction in response spectrum analysis.
  • netDXF for reading and writing DXF files, i.e. import or export line, face and solid element, generate technical drawing of beam or shell element including design results.
  • DocX for generate report document with figure and table automatically.

Calling multiple commands of an executable by sub-process functions also capable in IronPython. A script by the user can be working as mock-up before implemented in the base code when the feature found to be useful. I did not know in the detail but still in hopefully, the developer is interest to accommodate the bridge to integrated and interact with PrePoMax, and the original base code is minimum to modify as possible.

best,