Insert STEP vs Append

I’m going to guess that inserting a STEP is probably painful because of how prepromax works together with the inp file? maybe? But I’m here to request if we could please have this functionality.

The request is much simpler to explain. Lets say I have 10 steps and each step moves a part by 0.1mm but I want to add intermediary steps where I want to do 0.05mm. Currently I have to override the steps. its really painful to do anything like this where you just need to add a few steps in between existing ones. Right now, one can only append a new step at the end of the list. I hope this isn’t s…nah actually I hope its implemented and its really obvious that I missed something.

1 Like

Indeed, new steps are always added at the end of the list. Abaqus has an option “Insert new step after” when creating a new step so it can be placed anywhere (also at the beginning because there’s an Initial step in Abaqus).

But what I miss more in PrePoMax is an option to replace a step with one of a different type. Of course, it would require some careful consideration because of the differences in features supported by each step type.

2 Likes

Oh yes! replace step. Also move step. So you can select several steps at once and move them together ahead of other steps.

Along with that last idea wouldn’t it be cool if you could group steps in a folder?
you could name the folders something relevant like:
“Compressing the wall”
“Heat source active steps”
“Cooling down steps”
and each folder would have the corresponding steps that are supposed to work together to simulate a real experiment for example.

There is a plan to enable drag&drop on the trees. This will enable moving items around inside their respective branches. I have tested this functionality previously and I think it will solve the problems of sorting items.

3 Likes