File SaveAs does not change Analysis working directory

Hello,

My second post here so please let me know if I am not doing something right.

My folder structure is as follows:

1. Project Folder that has step files and other case folders
    1.1 Case 1 Folder
    1.2 Case 2 Folder

In Tools → Settings → General, I have Save results in .pmx file to “No”
In Tools → Settings → Calculix, I have Use .pmx folder as work directory set to “Yes”

Steps to recreate this issue:

1. Open PrePoMax version 1.2.0 and conduct FE analysis in Case 1 folder and get results.
  2. Click File → SaveAs and save a new pmx file “Case2” in folder Case 2
  3. Make required changes to the file and make it ready to run analysis
  4. Right Click Analysis-1, select “Edit” and check parameters for Analysis-1
  5. Work Directory still shows Case 1 folder.
  6. Close PrePoMax
  7. Open PrePoMax again
  8. Open Case 2 pmx file and check Working Directory, now it shows Case 2 folder.

Due to above settings, my Case 1 files are getting re-written when I conduct analysis for Case 2.

Can the working directory for Analysis be changed to the location of pmx file on SaveAs?

Kind regards
Dharmit

If the working directory is changed in the context menu of the model tree, then I’d expect this to be a per-model setting, possibly overriding the global setting (be it a fixed directory or the location of the current pmx file).

Yet this would make the pmx files non-portable. On the target system, this directory might not exist.

I agree that switching pmx file should also update working directory (given that option is active) no matter how the pmx file was changed in a prepomax session (by opening another pmx file or by save as).

1 Like

I can confirm it is a bug. The analysis folder is not updated when the file is saved to a new file name. When the file is Open-ed then the analysis folder is updated. I have fixed this bug in the current developer version.

1 Like