Error : The process can not access the file because it is being used by another process

Hello
I am new to this software, but so far it has been a great experience.

Recently I came across an error that is pretty strange. I have uploaded the image of error message.

It shows that the process can not access the file because it is being used by another process. The analysis fails after that. I have already checked with task manager if there are any ongoing processes for previous analysis, but this approach did not help.

The error does not occur directly at the beginning of the analysis, rather after performing some iterations it shows up.

Please let me know if there is any way to solve this issue

thank you in advance

regards
Rishabh

Does it show up by itself or when you are trying to open the intermediate analysis results ?

Thank you for the quick response.

It shows up by itself. I am not trying to open the intermediate results.

I also noticed one strange thing that if I request around 20 iterations to be performed for the total analysis time of 0.2 seconds ( so 0.01 sec for each iteration) the analysis runs fine. On the other hand if I request 200 iterations to be performed (so 0.001 sec for each iteration) for a smoother animation in post processing then I am facing the error that i have mentioned in first post.

is it some kind of space allocation error for writing the result data?

Or should I change my working directory/ temporary directory?

Strange, I’ve never seen such an error.

Yes, this looks like missing disk space or some other process trying to do something with the results files. Changing the working directory and ensuring sufficient disk space plus restarting the computer and maybe disabling software that may try to access the files (like antivirus) might indeed help.

I treid restarting and changing directories but it did not help. There is no notification from windows defender that it has blocked the Calculix solver.

Also the reamining storage space is more than 200 GB in my disk.

Another update.

I just found out that if I perform the same analysis on my local disk then this problem does not occur. Till now I was simulating from a network based storage disk.

So the error still occurs on network based storage disk but not on locally stored files. Additionally I have activated the option " Use .pmx folder as work directory"

I would not recommend doing that. There is no limit to doing it, but it gets slow using nonlocal/external/USB drives. If possible use a SSD drive for running simulations.

Sure
thank you for the suggestion