Error during computation

I have used Spooles solver since task is very large and have tied contacts (nonlinear)

If it’s large then I’d rather use PaStiX or Pardiso. Did you try the latter ?

both for pardiso and pastix memory error
best regards

I removed the other duplicated topic, let’s keep the discussion here since there’s no sign of PrePoMax’s fault yet.

Can you share the file or show some screenshots with the model ?

right now I’m recalculating by using Pastix
best regards

what would you suggest :
using tied constrains instead of tie contact and nonlinearity ?
but I obtain not resolved tie constrains by using search tool surface to surface
when I use tied contact this problem not exists
more detailed tutorial for this tool with more comlex models would be usefull

with pastix solver also failure

The mesh is extremely fine. How many elements does it have ? Did you try with a much coarser mesh ?

this structure consist of steel plates (box section)so I think that mesh is not so accurate as you think for steel plates shell modeling is ok but in prepomax it is not strong developed, I think that at lest 4 elements should be across thickness direction, also wedge and bricks elements are not supported in PPM .Main problem is for me with size of model and constraints or contacts (glued / welded surfaces ) no possibility to decrease size

best regards

The geometry is quite complex but maybe you could simplify it a bit and mesh it with shell elements if it’s thin-walled. Solid meshes for such structures can get huge.

good tutorial regarding constraints /contact is needed badly , especially with not trivial examples with complex geometry with some exceptions etc…

I have been using PPM / calculix for over 6 months , I have noticed that maybye not PPM but calculix for sure have problems with large models . I tried different solvers but situation still remains the same .
for medium compact models it is good solution . I hope that software will be developed

Hi Michal,

¿Have you tried the Pardiso Out of core version?
I have solve up to 1.5M nodes models without issue.

We were able to run simulations of up to 3 million elements, but we used a Linux environment on an HPC machine. We did not test larger models, so I can not say how they perform.

where can I finf out of core version ?

of course where can I find

Where can I get Pardiso out of core ersion ?

could you provide me with pardiso ooc version

Check this website: http://www.tu.kielce.pl/~rokach/instr/ppm_main.htm