Read data input "Excel" As for temperature and pressure data

I have a data input gathered by two sensors “Temp&Pressure” via data collector, how can i read those data input in prepomax to apply on the geometry? Any Idea

Note* I also have the data as csv format.

Do you want to apply those fields to many nodes/elements or just to a few of them ? There’s no built-in functionality to read values at points and interpolate them to the mesh. The closest to that is imported pressure in PrePoMax but it works only for pressure obtained from OpenFOAM analyses.

I mean I have a data acquisition module used to obtain pressure and temperature data! is it possible to connect PrePoMax with data acquisition module?

No, there’s no such option. You would have to find a way to export and convert your data to CalculiX keyword syntax (outside of PrePoMax). Some script would be needed for that.

okay! Thank you so much

I’m sorry for asking too much! does this mean i still can drag the data MANUALLY from excel to Calculix, or it’s also impossible?
bc for the time being i just wanna see the moedel post processor

The problem is that your data likely contains just coordinates of some points and values at those points. And for CalculiX you need numbers of specific nodes of the mesh. So, assuming that you won’t force the nodes to be located exactly where your measurements were made (which is definitely not easy to do), you would have to interpolate your data to the nodes and that has to be done with a script (unless you have just a single element or something like that) or some external tool.

Actually, it seems that ParaView may help you with that:

1 Like