Optimax for data fitting

Hello, I want to fit test data to hyperelastic material Models. I read about Optimax developed by the PrePoMax developer but I cannot find any Source to Download Optimax. Is it free or commercial and is it still in development/ maintenance?

Thanks!

Unfortunately, my previous page, where I hosted both codes, does not exist anymore. PrePoMax got its homepage while OptiMax was left behind. I will create an additional page for OptiMax on the main PrePoMax page. Hopefully, it will not cause too much confusion.

The OptiMax page with some base data is now available at https://prepomax.fs.um.si/optimax/

The documentation for OptiMax is a little old, but you should be able to understand how it works.

Thanks. I will look into it. Are you planning to progress the development or at least bug fixes of Optimax or are you focussing on PrePoMax only?

OptiMax is still an active code, but its development is slower due to PrePoMax. There is no dedicated forum since the number of people using it is lower, and e-mail communication can be used. But I could also create a dedicated category regarding OptiMax on this forum.

Could you publish the source code of Optimax on GitLab ?

Well, it is an old one and even more embarrassing than the PrePoMax source, but I can do it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you, that would be great and much appreciated :smiley:

OptiMax source code is now online: Matej Borovinšek / OptiMax · GitLab

1 Like

Great, thank you again. Open-source equivalent for Isight is something that FEA community really needed.

Hey Matej,

the Download link points to some older PrePoMax version not OptiMax.

That’s wrong, right?

It was wrong. It is fixed now.