It is recommended to integrate the latest version of netgen and mmg in propremax

The latest version of netgen supports parallel meshing, which can greatly improve the speed of meshing. It is recommended to support it in propremax

3 Likes

This is not an easy task. I am using an old version of Netgen which was the last version without Python. Newer versions depend on Python (I think) and are not so easy to compile. Additionally, I added quite some functionality to the Netgen in order to bring support for CAD geometry from Netgen to PrePoMax.

But I will look up the latest Netgen release to see how things stand.

2 Likes

Therefore, I think you have done an amazing job, I tried to replace the old version with the latest mmg and netgen, mmg is relatively simple to replace directly, the latest netgen and propremax are completely different, so this work I did not Done, if I make progress I’ll post on the forum

1 Like

Exactly. The mmg is used as it is compiled by the authors. No changes are made by me so a new version can easily be used.

1 Like

Hi,

what is mmg anyways?

1 Like

Mmg is a remeshing software https://www.mmgtools.org/ used for meshing of stl. shell models inside PrePoMax. Netgen somehow does not want to mesh .stl shell model. It is also used for local remeshing of all shell meshes.

1 Like