Graphics problem with undeformed and deformed mesh in 1.4dev

The undeformed part is black, which perhaps isn’t what is intended.

This is probably a problem regarding the Undeformed model colour. Currently, only one colour is used for both, Wireframe and Solid representation. For the Wireframe setting, that is OK, but for the Solid setting, the transparency of the colour should be changed using the slider in the Color Edit Dialog. The problem with using one colour is that transparent colour does not work for the Wireframe setting.

Maybe I should add a separate setting for the Transparency of the Solid representation directly to the property grid so that the user will not have to change the colour setting directly?

1 Like

It is of course a matter of taste, but I guess that no one wants to see this plain black with no shading and transparency, gray with 50% transparency would be a good start.

The 50 % transparency is good for solid but not so good for wireframes. Again, at the moment, only one colour definition is used for both. I will probably add support for two colours and set the default colour for solid to lower transparency.

I have added a second colour to remember the user’s settings.