Extrude meshing question

Getting an error for the gmsh trying the extrusion example, any ideas ?

The first screenshot is from 2.0.0 but the second one shows files from 2.0.2. Is this GmshCommon.dll file also present in the folder with 2.0.0 ?

Yes, I tried both versions. Dll is present in both.

Is anyone else using windows 11 ?
Just seems strange I’m having issues with dll’s, this and the use of ccx_dynamic.

I had a different GMSH error a while ago. I then moved the PrePoMax installation folder to my computer root, such as C:/PrePoMax. Maybe this can help.

Yes, I saw that post, I did try but made no difference.

Did you try any other Gmsh features? Can you try downloading and running the native Gmsh to see if it works?

I downloaded Gmsh and that is functional.
I can’t get any Gmsh functions to run in prepomax, all give the same error.
Ill try on another device.

Did you try different versions of PrePoMax that support Gmsh?

I tried 2.0.0 and 2.0.2 dev
I’m running Windows 11 pro on a mini pc for evaluation purposes, the pc is 4 days old with nothing installed other than the os. Are they the only versions on the download page with Gmsh functionality?

Gmsh functionality is ok on another system running windows 10 that I tried so issue is not the user !
So it’s either the o/s or something about the system.
Has anyone tried the gmsh functions on windows 11 ?

I am using windows 11. Maybe some library was removed by the antivirus software. Check the number of files in the:
lib subfolder: 74
netgen subfolder: 53

I’ve got the correct file counts.
Netgen works fine

After you start the meshing a file called gmshData is created in the working directory. Can you try running GmshMesher.exe with the argument gmshData in command line as:

c:.…\lib\GmshMesher.exe gmshData

Yes i tried this already, same error. Ckearly the issues i have are not prepomax issues. There’s something about the dll’s for gmsh and ccx_dynamic my system doesn’t like.

GmshMesher.exe is an exe developed by me (a part of PrePoMax) that only calls the gmsh.dll. So this file might also be a problem. The reason a .exe is used internally instead of the .dll is that if it fails, or if it is stuck in a loop, or if the process takes too long, it can be stopped by killing the .exe process.

for completeness

What you could try is the Dependency walker. It is a free tool to find missing .dll files.

YOu can download it from here: https://www.dependencywalker.com/

Open the file GmshCommon.dll, wait for a little, and then post the resulting image with the main tree collapsed. I am not an expert using this tool, but sometimes, I am lucky to find the problem.

2 of the libraries are not in the folder, I do have them with and extra “d”

so i hunted down the missing libraries and copied then to the lib directory, copied and renamed some where the reference dll has an extra “d” in the name, and behold…

Is your system 32bit?

Poslano iz programa Outlook za iOS