Display off with *Model Change added elements

Hello,

in results, elements that are removed with *Model Change are not displayed.
Elements that are added in the first step are displayed.
But elements that are added in following steps are not displayed at all.
Is this a bug?

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure it can be called a bug since *MODEL CHANGE is not yet supported in PrePoMax. Try opening the results in GraphiX (native pre- and postprocessor for CalculiX).

1 Like

Currently, this is not supported. Can you share a simple .pmx file that contains such an analysis so that I can try to figure out what changes will be need in the code.

1 Like

I studied the example modelchel3 from calculix example files.
The following theory about calculix .frd file came to my mind:

The information about nodes and elements are stored only with the first step in the result file.
All next steps store only the results. So the change in model could only be detected by the post processor
by the missing results for the removed elements in one step.

When i remove elements in the first step, this elements are not displayed in post processing.
When i create a first dummy step (as in the example modelchel3) that outputs all elements, all
elements are present in post processing, but the results are ā€˜0ā€™ for removed elements in one step.

To answer FEAnalysts suggestion to try cgx: The descript behavior is the same in cgx.

Hello Matey,

do you think my theorie about the calculix result file is right?
It would mean, that Prepomax has to recognize missing results and remove the elements from display.

Br,
Frank

I checked some model change test files, and I think you are correct. From the .frd file, it is not possible to determine which elements were removed and which were added. This information would have to be determined from the .inp file.