Cube Rubber on surface rubber

Hi All
I should simulate a rubber cube sliding on the rubber surface (friction 0.9).
The surface is sloping.
I don’t get good results.
Can you only list the steps to do this?
Thank you very much
Giovanni Di Maria

Can you share the file ? What are the assumptions (e.g. why surface traction is used instead of gravity load) ? What results do you want to obtain from this analysis ? And what is wrong with the ones that you got so far ?

Thank you.
Really i have not clear my idea.
I need to show the difference between differents frictions, like rubber and ice or steel.
I want to show that the rubber is “blocked” on a surfice, but the ice slides on it without problem.
Cheers
Giovanni

1 Like

I would model it with symmetry to save time and make it easier when it comes to boundary conditions. You can use some slope and apply gravity load to make the block slide naturally. The rest should be easy.

Thank you very much.
i will try.
Cheers
Giovanni

Always on point @FEAnalyst . I will add that could use a rigid body for the plate below and rotate it to see if the hand calculations match the simulation. Many times you get some stick-slip conditions near the angle at which starts to slide.

That should be easy to prove without FEA, just look at handbook values of rubber vs steel… Ice may be difficult to find, but I’m sure a Google search will get you something.

Thank you very much
Giovanni

Do you think this would be possible? :thinking:. Really chagenlling for sure.
I think this could be “The sixth Question” on the final exam of an FEA course.

{isplaystyle an lpha =u _{e}}

Prepomax CHALLENGE!!! :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

See attached :slight_smile: .
block_in_slope.zip (930.9 KB)

:+1:
Nice. I also managed to get a good agreement.

1 Like