Add build number to the PrePoMax version description page

Just now a user know only PrePoMax version number. The program is changed frequently and just now we have several pre-release 1.3.5 versions, stable 1.3.5 version (in fact, several ones, due to some bug fixing) and post-release development 1.3.5 versions (probably someday it would be 1.3.6 development version). In my opinion, to make bug reports more precise, it would be nice to add the build number to the Help/About dialog window.

I was also wondering if I should add a fourth number for that. That would be especially useful to easily release the bug fixes.

1 Like

Hallo, I see several updated versions of 1.4.1 are now being made available, which is fab. Thanks for that. However, I have two PCs and it may happen that I forget which version I installed in each. I reiterate the suggestion to add a release number onto the splash screen and in the about menu. Thank you. Andrea

1 Like

Hi @Matej,

I must admit that the uploads with the same revision number does cause some constant monitoring.

Why do you not use the third number as the revision update ? Is this meant for something else ? (eg. 1.4.2)

Ok, I see this is getting confusing. In the past, I did not update the released version at all. But then the times between released versions became longer, and users needed more frequent bug fixes.

So, I agree that from version 1.5.0, the last digit in the version number will be a release number. It will start at 0 and increase for each release even when the number exceeds 9, so theoretically, the version number could be 1.5.12.

2 Likes