Quad Element Meshing

I’ll try to help if encounter issues with FreeCAD geometry preparation for FEA. There are also many helpful tutorials, especially on this channel: https://www.youtube.com/@MangoJellySolutions/videos, good wiki documentation and active forum.

1 Like

That is an interesting piece of software unknown to me.

1 Like

Dear Synt, it seems AnalysisSitus very promising opensource software for doing the task of x,y,z can be transforned into one to one correspondence that is coincide point to point. Drawback only is new and under development and not so many helpful tutorials like FREECad. However good to learn as additional tools for FEA. I will keep this as one of my to do list.
For additional information:
** Here are some key milestones in its development: of AnalysisSitus**Courtesy of Google Bard.
2018:
**While it’s not brand new, it’s still a relatively young open-source project with an active development team.

• Initial release (v0.1)
  • Focus on CAD feature recognition and geometry processing

2019:

• Added support for assemblies
  • Expanded feature recognition capabilities
  • Used for training in prosthesis manufacturing

2021:

• Development of a commercial SDK around the open-source core
  • Integration with ascad.net for CAD data processing

2023:

• Version 1.1 released with various improvements

Key takeaways:

• Analysis Situs has been actively developed for around six years.
  • It’s a relatively new open-source project with a promising future.
  • The development team is committed to continuous improvement and expansion of features.
  • It’s already being used in various real-world applications, demonstrating its potential.

indeed, there’s many advanced feature available. The last discussion i took is related to partition and CAE data exchange, development team also reply by answering honestly. However, i’m not yet to submit a ticket for these additional feature since i lost my GitLab account.

1 Like

I have a GitLab account so I can create a ticket but I don’t know this software so I would need some details.

1 Like

thank you for interesting, let me give a brief description regarding these additional features. Or maybe i must get back my GitLab account since further questioning may ask by developer.

Partition, currently only possible by a plane, then i proposed to generate surface internally by edge selection. Also, it can work something like cut-trough by surface generates form edge.

CAE data exchange, it’s related to parametric model like Ansys APDL and the capabilities to write Gmsh *geo file and/or CalculiX CGX *.fbd files from Iges or Step file opened. Currently, ASTRA file is supported only.

However, it can be great both of feature is possible in the future versions of PrePoMax. But, maybe it is still okay when different opensource project have similar feature between each others.

1 Like

Maybe FreeCAD could also benefit from such features. It’s a powerful CAD software with large capabilities and most stuff is possible there with smaller or bigger effort. Such partitioning could also be done somehow, just not automatically. Support for more Gmsh and CalculiX-related files would be nice since both of these tools are already used in FreeCAD.

1 Like