Hello Matey,
i have large result files with hundreds of increments.
PPM crashes when it tries to animate that increments.
Is it possible to upload such an file (> 1GB zipped) to you?
Best regards,
Frank
Hello Matey,
i have large result files with hundreds of increments.
PPM crashes when it tries to animate that increments.
Is it possible to upload such an file (> 1GB zipped) to you?
Best regards,
Frank
Can you use some hosting website like Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox or even WeTransfer ?
Hello,
i do not want to post a public link here.
How can i share the link with you or Matey?
I will send you a pm. Then you should be able to send them too.
You can send me a PM, and I will test it. Which version of PrePoMax do you use?
Hello Matey,
i use 2.6.1.
I can confirm the bug; it is a known issue. I think the problem is in the Kitware Actiwiz. The visualization layer over VTK that I cannot inspect/fix.
I will try to limit the crashes if possible. On my PC, the animation runs for multiple minutes before it crashes.
Hello Matej,
on my PC PPM crashes before the animation starts.
Just several seconds after clicking on “Time increments” checkbox.
Can you reproduce the crash consistently? It would also help to know how much RAM is on your computer (CPU/GPU).
RAM is 128GB, but GPU has only 4GB.
Yes, the crashes are consistent.
It is probably a memory problem. It is hard for me to determine it precisely since I cannot test it, but I will try to reduce the memory footprint of a single frame.