In an animation, rather than the weights being incremented, is it possible to see the weight change as the frame positions change?

Instead of watching the load increase in the animation, I want to see the displacement of the mainframe as the weight is constant and the position of the frame moves.

Is it possible to do the above?

You can choose to animate the scale factor or time increments but either way, what you see is increasing deformation of the model. The rest depends on what happens in the analysis. If you want to keep one load (e.g. self-weight) constant and show another load (e.g. movement of the structure/mechanism) changing then you will have to adjust the conditions of the analysis - define 2 steps with “dead load” added in the first step and kept constant in the second one and “live load” introduced in the second step. Then animate only the second step (you can set the first and last frame for animation).

Thank you for your prompt reply.
You mean stitching together the animation results for the final part of each frame position?

Example: If you want to see the displacement when the frame position is 100mm, 150mm, and 200mm

1. Set the position of 100 mm in “BCs” and perform the calculation. Then save only the end of the animation result.
  2. Set the position of 150mm in “BCs” and perform the calculation. Then save only the end of the animation result.
  3. Set “BCs” to the position of 200mm and perform the calculation. Then save only the end of the animation result.
  4. Connect the results of 1 to 3 by yourself and make it the cornerstone of the animation.

Is the above understanding correct? If possible, is there a simpler, more seamless way to see it?

*Actually, I would like to attach the data I currently have, but it seems that I cannot attach it because I am a new user.

You don’t have to run multiple analyses for that. You can define those different BCs in subsequent analysis steps. So step 1 with U=100 mm, step 2 with U=150 mm and so on. Just add one more step before those if you don’t want to animate the deformation due to self-weight.

I set the BCs of step 1 to 50mm and the BCs of step 2 to 100mm. The result is that the result of step 1 is rainbow colored and the correct result is displayed, but the result of step 2 is displayed in solid color. Is there any solution to display the result of step2 correctly?

*The only difference between step1 and step2 is the value of BCs

It’s hard to say without seeing the model but it seems that something is wrong. Can you add some screenshots ?

I have attached a photo.
Sorry for the inconvenience, but please check

So the results are available for both steps and they are just different in the second step. If the boundary condition is applied in the X axis (the undeformed wireframe suggests that) then the U1 displacement plot will tell you more. Animations will also help you check whether the results are correct.

When I checked with U1, I was able to confirm that Step1 moved 50mm and Step2 moved 100mm. But what I want to see is the amount of deflection (U3 direction) due to the correct dead weight at the 100mm position in step 2.

Maybe my understanding is not correct, but how do I set it to see the correct displacement in the U3 direction at the X distance 100mm position at the Step3 position?

If that self-weight is applied properly (gravity load kept constant through these two steps) then it should be working all the time and the U3 results should account for it. Just make sure that this dead load is not removed in the second step (it must be present in the tree for that step as well).

The gravity settings for Step1 and Step2 are like this, and both have the same settings.

• The only value that has been changed in the settings of Step1 and Step2 is the value of U1.

By the way, if you do not analyze Step 1 and analyze only Step 2, the analysis result that seems to be correct for Rainbow will be displayed.

It’s very strange … Is there a solution?

Now that you can attach files, attach them. We apologize for the inconvenience, but we would appreciate it if you could check

Colors are of secondary importance. Values are what really matters. I would suggest applying the prescribed displacement to selected faces instead of the whole part and turning geometric nonlinearity on for more realistic results.