Change in the coefficient of thermal expansion

I hope this message finds you well.

I am currently planning to perform a thermal stress analysis. When entering the material properties, I would like to define the material properties as temperature-dependent, so that their values change according to changes in temperature.

However, it appears that the coefficient of thermal expansion cannot be defined as a temperature-dependent property.

Is there any way to input temperature-dependent values for the coefficient of thermal expansion? I am currently considering thermal stress changes associated with phase transformations in metals, and I would like to define the coefficient of thermal expansion in greater detail as a function of temperature.

It can be temperature-dependent:

1 Like

Is the version you attached v2.6.2 dev?

I have installed the latest version, v2.6.2 dev, but as shown in the attached screenshot, even after checking “Use temperature-dependent data points,” the temperature field does not appear.

Are you testing this using an older version?

There are no issues with the other material property fields.

I use v2.6.0, but you just have to switch to the “Data points” tab right next to “Properties” here:

1 Like

I sincerely apologize for the misunderstanding. I was not aware that the system worked that way.

I can now set the temperature and corresponding material properties for all of the required parameters.

Thank you very much for your kind assistance.