Transient dynamic analysis

Best regard.

My name is Crhistian and I am working with the PrePoMax software on a bus structure, and I have the question of whether I can perform transient dynamic analysis on said structure in PrePoMax, if the answer is positive, please guide me on how I can do it.

Thank you very much for your attention.

Cordial saludo.

Mi nombre es Crhistian y estoy trabajando con el software PrePoMax en una estructura de un bus, y tengo la pregunta de si en PrePoMax puedo realizar análisis dinámico transitorio a dicha estructura, de ser la respuesta positiva, por favor guiarme de como lo puedo realizar.

Muchas gracias por su atención prestada.

Dynamic analyses are available in the v1.4.0 dev version. Their time domain variants include implicit and explicit dynamics (direct integration of equations of motion) and transient modal dynamics (modal superposition approach). The choice here depends on what exactly is to be simulated. Explicit procedure is meant for high-speed dynamics (such as crash or impact) or quasi-static (including metal forming) problems with large nonlinearities such as difficult contact conditions. Implicit step is a good choice for all other nonlinear dynamic problems. Transient modal dynamics analysis would be the way to go when nonlinearities are not considered - this method is more efficient than direct integration.

1 Like