Revolute Joint Connecting Two Journals

Good day,

Is it possible within PrePoMax to somehow model a ‘revolute’ joint that would emulate the presence of a shaft (with clearance fit or bearing) and allow the journals of the two parts to revolve independently of each other - Note that these are two independent parts that also translate down together when the load is applied to the top plate (first image).?

I have also looked through the Calculix manual for keywords and cannot find anything. I realise that I may need to look at Equation constraints, but not sure whether it would work in a case where the entire assembly translates.

I have used Rigid Bodies which connect the Reference Points to the journal nodes, but this is obviously rigid and not what I am looking for (third image).

Because of the rigid setup, I am probably getting higher than expected stresses at the edges between the journals in the lower clevis, which is meant to rotate more than the upper (last image).

Perhaps this could also be done with a rotational spring connecting two reference points, but I understand that this is not yet available in Calculix either.

PS. This is a 1/4 symmetrical model of a crane bogey (downloaded from GrabCad).

In addition to rigid bodies, CalculiX also has kinematic and distributing coupling constraints which offer some flexibility and more realistic force distribution. They aren’t supported by PrePoMax yet but can be added using the keyword editor. Of course, you could also model contact between the shaft and bearing which would be the most realistic but also challenging approach.

Yeah, sometimes simplifying geometry for the sake of saving on the node count, brings other complexities :).

I will look into calculix keywords kinematic and distributing coupling constraints.

Thank you @FEAnalyst

Two *DISTRIBUTING COUPLING by means of DCOUP3D could be a more realistic option too
+
*EQUATION to link both nodes

DCOUP3D_1 & DCOUP3D_2