Initial conditions in transient heat transfer

I’m running a 3d transient heat transfer simulation of a hollow cube, internal surface heat flux and external convective film. As you can see in the file attached, i’ve set initial temperature of 30C for the whole part. Looking at the results, i see the initial temperature results nowhere close to what i’ve set.

(As you can see, it starts around 45C)
Here is the file teste 2 certo.pmx - Google Drive
Am i missing something here?

You can use some hosting website like Dropbox, Google Drive or WeTransfer to share the files. Are you sure that the initial condition is applied to all nodes ? You can visualize the node set used for this definition to check that.

Thanks, here it is. teste 2 certo.pmx - Google Drive

The initial condition is working properly. If you remove the loads, the temperature in the whole model will stay at 25 degrees. If you apply a ramp amplitude (linear increase) to the surface flux (so that it’s not applied immediately in the analysis), you will also see that the initial condition is repsected.

1 Like

Thank you a lot! I love your videos, btw.

Yet another way would be to refine the mesh significantly and measure the temperatures at a node in the middle of the wall, away from the thermal loads.

Great to hear that. I do my best to make them helpful.