How to work on geometry before doing meshing?

First, remove in CAD all not needed fillets, then use the same value for min and max element size.

And do not forget to set the values of elements per edge and elements per curvature to a lower value. Somethig like 0.5 or even 0.1. It is a scalig factor, so it can be lower than 1.

Thanks for explaining meshing parameters. I have checked the parameters for small size components & it is giving good mesh for some set of parameters.
Now the problem is
1)How to check the quality in prepomax for the generated mesh
2)How to generate R-trias in holes & fillets(that is our special requirement)
Can you please give solutions for the above problems?

And one more question is how to generate 2D shell (tria element) mesh without generating tetra in Prepomax?

You have to do it in an external mesher, open-source Gmsh and Salome_Meca programs offer some mesh quality checks but they have limited capabilities in this regard.

Do you mean splitting quads into 2 tria elements ? This might be possible in Salome_Meca or in Gmsh (likely with some scripting). It would be best to ask on their forums.

To mesh with 2D elements your geometry must be recognized as shell in PrePoMax and thus modeled and imported as surface only.

I suggest you take a look at the following video to get an intro to meshing in Salome_meca. In my opinion, the mesher is a lot more intuitive than the rest of the code_aster suite.